

We made it to AZ!! We're at the Grand Canyon Railway RV Park in Williams, AZ. Some thoughts for today...
1. Apparently we didn't do a great job explaining this vacation to Gabby. She seemed to think we'd be on the road for a short while and then we'd arrive at the hotel. Wrong on both, Gab!
2. 6 year olds do not understand the concept of time. "When will we beeeee there?" was whined by Gabby more times than I could even count. At one point she was bored and decided to tape her mouth shut, which gave us a few moments of quiet but didn't seem particularly safe.
3. A lot of people seem to be moving out of CA... we saw tons of large moving vans leaving CA. Very few heading into CA.
4. I think we're all a bit afraid of the onboard potty... it has yet to be used.
5. I envisioned having great, purposeful conversations with my husband and kids while driving... had no idea how incredibly loud this vehicle would be. We actually have to yell to speak to someone sitting next to us while driving.
6. I may be the only tattoo-free momma here -- maybe that'll be my souvenir from the trip! kidding...
Anyway, it was a fun ride despite the above. Williams is a great little town on Route 66... we had fun exploring it today. Tomorrow we catch a train to the Grand Canyon... no driving. Will post pix when I can figure out how.
every meaningful trip needs a souvenir Julie! thanks for the updates... it's great to read about your progress. Hang in there Gabby and please keep the posts coming!
ReplyDelete